Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm Not A Superhero Now.

I have always had certain qualities about myself that were always able to carry me through anything. At least anything that life would throw at me, and I could handle it. I always felt confident, and courageous like I could do just about anything the world offered me.

I have to admit when I started to lose my abilities to handle every little thing when I started working at the hospital. I was sure of many things: I was great at math, at making IV's, and I just felt positive about myself. I was even asked by the Director of the Pharmacy to help the Dixie Applied Technology College to open up a Pharmacy Technician program. The same day I was asked, I was hired, and I was on cloud nine for the entire day.

But that is when it all started to happen, I was asked to help do this program over many existing technicians that he already had.

That is when the new employee becomes at odds with existing "women" employees.
From my first day I was fighting an up hill battle that would go on until I was no longer a problem. That pretty much was 7 of my 8 years working there.

You try to be a hard worker, make friends, but there was that one person in particular that always has it out for you.

There were days when I went home crying from this one tech. which I will call Lisa. The other names I could, or should call Lisa are not appropriate for this blog.
From what I heard Lisa has bullied many previous employees, and they would eventually quit.

I have to ask myself, I did many times, what sort of Director lets this type of person run his pharmacy? I stood up to Lisa many times when she would try to start a incident with me. I think that is what Lisa did not like most about me.
Nobody else there stood up for themselves. Honestly, I was at my wits end.
I would speak with the Director many times, and it always made me look bad.
Other people who were hired with me could not take it either and they would quit also.

The really sad thing is that I stayed with that job until I got sick.
I think even though I endured weekly battles I still rose to the top of that pharmacy. I still showed Lisa that I was not going to be her personal slave.
The stress, and the feeling of hate that drive a person insane.
If you stay in a negative situation long enough you loose a part of your soul, and I should of left when I got the college program off of the ground because even though I was making good money, and had full benefits what is it worth if you don't have your health? Or if you now doubt who your are, and don't feel like the superhero you once were.

No comments:

Post a Comment